Conference Theme: “Bio-security Threats in African Megacities”
Conference 2020 Theme: “Biosecurities Threats in Megacities”
The conference thematic areas are as follows:
- Biosecurity and Biothreat Reduction in Africa: with the following sub- themes:
- Biosecurity and biosafety in Africa
- Bioethics in Africa
- Ethical/Regulatory Issues specifically for Africa in relation to biosecurity
- Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA)
- Public health crisis management in megacities
- International biosecurity Conventions: Biological Weapons Convention and United Nations 1540 Security Council Resolution
(2) Emerging Infectious Diseases as an accelerating phenomenon with the following sub themes:
- One Health
- Anti Microbial Resistance (AMR).
- Clinical trials
- Infectious disease burden and trends across Africa ( Ebola, Lassa, MERS, Yellow Fever, Pandemic Influenza)
(3) Biobanking infrastructure, with the following sub-themes:
- Lagos biobank project
- Minimum characteristics to establish a Biobanking for EID (Emerging Infectious Disease) specimens in Africa
- Biobanking Networks (H3Afica, etc.) and societies (ISBER, ESBB, BBMRI, etc.).
(4) The need for a Vaccine strategy for emerging infectious diseases in Africa, with the following sub themes:
- Role of African governments and indigenous vaccine manufacturers in vaccine R&D
- Challenges and prospects of vaccine R&D for emerging infectious diseases
(5) The Cultural, Anthropological, Social and Economic Impact of Emerging Infectious
Diseases (CASE), with the following sub themes:
- African cultural practices and management of biosecurity threats
- Community engagement in the fight against emerging infectious diseases
- Ethics and the management of EIDs in Africa
- Contextualising policy approaches and intervention strategies to fit local responses to biosecurity threats in Africa
- a. Climate change and biosecurity threats in Africa
- Harnessing the digital revolution and digital platforms to advance biosecurity in Africa
A 200-300 word electronic abstract must be submitted latest by 30th of April, 2020.
Submit your abstract here and Specify platform or poster presentation preference. You will be notified of the fate of your submission by 15th of May, 2020.
Important Dates to note:
- Abstract submission due: April 30, 2020.
- Abstract acceptance notifications: May 15, 2020.
Lagos Continental Hotel, No 52a Kofo Abayomi St, Victoria Island 101241, Lagos.
Places you would like to visit during your stay in Lagos, Nigeria
- Freedom Park
- National Museum Lagos, Onikan Rd, Ikoyi, Lagos,
- Tafawa Balewa Square, 45/57 Massey Bamgboshe Street, Lagos Island, Lagos
- Ndubuisi Kanu Park Oregun Lagos- Mobolaji Johnson Ave, Alausa, Lagos
- Fela’s Shrine Ikeja-12A Adeleke St, Allen, Ikeja
- Elegushi Beach-Rd 3, Lekki Phase 1, Lekki
- Nike Art Gallery-No. 2 Oba Yekini Elegushi Rd, Lekki Phase I, Lekki
- Lekki Conservation Center- Km 19 Lekki – Epe Expy, Lekki Penninsula II, Lekki
- La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort Ibeju-Lekki- Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos
GET can provide an invitation letter to assist with visa applications for authors and all interested participants once registration fees is paid.
Letters for visa application can be requested here
Conference 2020 Registration Details
- Registration fee of $300 for Non-African Delegate (Without Abstract)
- Registration fee of $150 for Non-African for Delegate (With Abstract)
- Registration fee of $150 for African Delegate (Without Abstract)
- Registration fee of $75 for African for Delegate (With Abstract)