GET Biosecurity Research Fellowship
Call for Applications
GET offers a competitive research fellowship in Biosecurity and One health to a highly motivated researcher who aspires to become a vibrant research scholar contributing to biosecurity threats in Africa. The fellowship comprises a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and accommodation. Each successful fellow is expected to engage in an independent, detailed and quality One Health and Biosecurity research specific to African countries.
GET consortium is making an open call of fellowship for highly qualified mid-career academics or researchers/policymakers with a deep passion for conducting research in One Health and Biosecurity. Successful fellows will undergo five-month comprehensive independent research studies in any of the following priority areas:
Thematic Areas of interest:
1. One Health approach in addressing epidemics and pandemics in Africa. The consortium will prioritize proposal that clearly articulate One Health approach to addressing an infectious disease outbreak in Africa.
2. Effective domestication and implementation of international treaties such as Biological Weapon Convention (BWC) and other treaties and law that address proliferation of dangerous biological agents in Nigeria. We seek proposal that can adequately design framework for implementing BWC and succinctly clarify enabling laws to protect the continent from biosecurity threats.
3. Relevance of Genomic intelligence and surveillance in preventing disease outbreaks in Africa. Genomic intelligence has proven to be indispensable in controlling disease outbreaks. The proposal should sufficiently capture surveillance capacity and intelligence gathering of genomics technology in the prevention of infectious outbreak in remote communities in Africa.
Applicants should forward not more than five pages of research proposal Times New Roman 12 single spacing on one area of research listed above. Applicant should submit the following documents with the proposal:
1.A current CV (not to exceed five (5) pages)
2. A list of your publications that includes exact titles, names of publishers, dates of publication and status of
forthcoming publications (not to exceed three pages).
3. Project Proposal should exceed five (5) single-spaced typed pages, using the 12-point type).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation.
5. Submit all documents in a single file to email@example.com
- Must be a citizen of African countries.
- Must possess a minimum of M. Sc. Or PhD in relevant field.
- Have professional experience in relevant fields of one health, medicine, biosecurity, biosafety, health economics, health policy, animal health, plant health, climate change and environmental health.
- Demonstrate potential for leadership and strategic responsibility.